So, I blog about how ungrateful and spoiled I am with my modern appliances, etc. And, what happens the following day? ICE STORM!! Knocks our power out from 4 am until 8 pm! All the boys home from school for a snow day, no electricity which, out here, equals no water either and of course, no furnace or oven. It was cold! And, I was tired and crabby.
I never should have blogged about those stinkin' pioneers! They came back to bite me in the butt! I was so cranky yesterday thru that whole ordeal, that I was complaining that at least the pioneers had a wood burner and split wood to go ahead and burn! I had NOTHING! After the whole morning of listening to fighting, stir-crazy kids, we went to KFC for lunch to warm up a little. Upon returning, I OK'd the LEGO's in the living room (only room with a BIG window!) and went to bed. I had been up since 1:30 am fighting the storm with the newspapers and was DONE! I figured the boys could handle it for awhile by themselves. And, besides, I was only in the bedroom down the hall. After a good nap, I woke up a little happier, but still cold.
Oh, well, over all, the boys did OK - considering.
I'll write about the day a little more later.
New Blog
13 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment