I will admit here and now that I am addicted......to FACEBOOK! How pathetic, really. I have it open as my "second tab" Homepage on IE and cannot help but check it several times a day.
I can justify this addiction by saying that never have I been "in touch" with so many people. It is nice to touch base with family, cousins, old friends, etc., etc. It makes the world a smaller place and makes me feel less like I live under a rock all by myself out here. It is cool to see where people are at, what they did this week, look at pictures of their families and share a little in friends' and family's joys and struggles.
On the other hand, it can be a huge time waster. Today was a "slow day" on Facebook. No one is around..........probably doing more productive things.........so there was nothing to really read about or comment on. Again, pretty pathetic.
I am doing load after load of laundry today, so I am somewhat justified in being downstairs here and on the computer most of the day. As long as the washer and dryer are constantly running then I am "working" right? I am pretending that the living room and kitchen are not even a part of the house today, let alone the bathroom..........AUGH! Maybe I can get the kids to help me pick it all up after school. It is mostly their clutter anyway. I'll have to psych myself up for the drama that goes with asking for that kind of "help" though. (Parenthood, I guess!) :)
On another note, Cole and spent Wednesday with Laurie and Eli in Champaign (well, Savoy, IL). Eli was just a week old , so we had to go "check him out". He is beautiful!! He slept most of the day, which was frustrating to Laurie. She wanted him awake and eating at the right times so he would get on a schedule and sleep a little at night. I remember being that worried and impatient with Clayton. "What is wrong with this kid?" "Up all night and sleep all day!!" Why won't he eat?? Why hasn't he pooped? Does he need a bath? Is he warm enough? Did he get that onsie a little dirty?? Again, that was Clayton..............
With Cole it was more like: "I think he ate this morning....why? Is he crying? Someone rock him in the chair and I will BE RIGHT THERE!!" I told someone just last week, that Cole is definitely the least clean of all my sons. Not just because that is his nature, but because I do not (nor have I ever) get concerned anymore with how many baths he gets a week. There is always one on Saturday evening, sometimes on Wednesdays, too, but really not always. It is the illusion of clean that counts, right? A warm soapy washcloth goes a long way with a 4th son! Some weeks, he gets baths more often, though, too, because let me tell you, the bathtub is a great distraction! He can be in there until he is pruney and freezing and still be happy.........as are the rest of us because he is not running around here yelling about everything, or getting into anyone's stuff, or coloring on anyone's homework!
We are at the point in our lives that Jeans get worn 2 days in a row to school -- as long as there are not big stains or anything too gross smeared on them. Clayton never wore the same clothes twice as a baby. Cole and I go days without getting dressed at all.........still in jammies at 5 pm?? Oh well, if there are clean ones in your laundry basket, you can get them. Otherwise, wear those again and we might get clothes tomorrow!!
Miriam DB apologized for not being dressed and beautiful the other day when we stopped by......BIG DEAL! The only reason I was dressed was because the Meijer greeter looks at me weird when I walk in in slippers! (I have really only done that once and it was a complete accident. It was the same day I picked the kids up from school in the same slippers and they are kind of close looking to clogs, so................) :) Besides, next time you are at Walmart, Meijer, even Target -- look around! On a BAD day, I still feel pretty good about the way I present myself compared to some of the other shoppers around me.
Oh, see, something just popped up as a notification on Facebook! Wow, Laurie tagged me and Cole in some photos. I'd better go check them out! (See the addiction??)
New Blog
13 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment