Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BUUuuuuRRRPPPP!

Burping is the latest thing around here. BELCHING!!!! Loudly, purposefully, and often. It goes along with the other latest fad around here -- Root Beer. Clayton and Curtis have liked root beer for awhile, now, but Cole has just discovered he likes it. REALLY likes it!! And, of course, root beer makes you burp. A LOT!

The culmination (so far) of the belching phase we are in could've been the other afternoon. The big boys had a school delay in the morning, so needed to be brought to school at 10 am. Cole then had to be at preschool at noon, and all three picked up at 3 pm. So, Cole and I dropped the boys off and then headed to Lowell to go to Walgreen's and the bank, before heading back into DeMotte for preschool. We got done with those 2 stops just in time to hit McDonald's before school. We had a McD Arch card to redeem, so went out to lunch together. Ck nuggets and root beer make for great burps let me tell you! Eat a piece of chicken, take a drink of R.B and 4 seconds later, BUUUURP!! I must say that at least he followed most of these up with " 'scuse me". Anyway, repeat the cycle thru 3 1/2 chicken nuggets and a most of a small fry. At some point I reminded Cole that we really should not belch like that in public. I said, "Close your mouth when you have to burp and it won't be so noisy." He told me, like I'm some kind of idiot, "It doesn't work that way -- I have to let them out!" Maybe it's like sneezing -- 'cuz you know if you don't let sneezes out, your head will explode, don't you? Try sneezing while keeping your eyes open. We don't think it can be done. We think God made it impossible to sneeze with your eyes open, because they might just blow right out of your face if you were able to do that! Must be the same with being 4 years old and burping. If you don't let them out, your belly or chest just might explode -- ??!

BEEeeeellllch!!! Oh well, such is life with the boys, huh?

BbbEEeeeellch!! Buuuuuuurp! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment