Some things that either crossed my mind this week or were up for discussion around here......some others were seriously just "fleeting thoughts" -- very fleeting!!
For some background, here's what I had going on this week:
Newspapers every morning, no school yet on Monday, Oops! - no preschool on Tuesday, although I got Cole ready and brought him to school, 1st grade Christmas party at school, District Committee Mtg for Scouts, Tiger Cub Den meeting, laundry, paperwork for Day Camp, paperwork for Auxiliary at school, Roundtable Mtg for Scouts, suppers, laundry, etc.
Why, oh, WHY do we live in the Midwest (snow & cold!)
Why, oh, WHY do we live in DeMotte? (ice covered roads for DAYS!!)
Can these boys be any noisier? Or fight about anything else?
I need better rules about dealing with your brothers.
I love video games (quiet for a few minutes)
I despise video games (arguing and brain-rotting)
These FiberOne bars that were samples in the newspaper on Sunday are quite effective.
Charmin "Extra Strong" t.p. is quite nice....soft and "effective", too!
First graders are easily entertained.
DeMotte Christian School has a wonderful group of 1st graders -- actually most of the kids. They are overall very polite, caring, friendly, and respectful.
First grade Cub Scouts are almost as easily entertained as Curt's class at school.
They are not all , however, quite as respectful or polite. Could that be the difference in upbringing with some of them?? Could this be the evidence of teaching a Christian servant's heart and not? Or is it simply the structure of school and lack of structure of Scouts? Could the time of the day also affect the way little boys react to things? Scouts is after school in the evenings --??? HMMmmmm........
YEAH!! I got into school in enough time to sign up for the Kindergarten days that I wanted! Cole will be attending Kindergarten on Mon/Wed/Fridays!! :)
Be thankful for what you have. We are all healthy here and doing pretty well. So many others we know are suffering thru illnesses and other tragedies. Suck it up and learn to be patient and thankful.
Continue praying -- in thankfulness and in petition. No whining -- just praying.
I really should not have eaten black pepper chicken for supper right before a meeting. (pepper in my teeth and need a mint!)
I do not know how to deal with all this junk with Chris. I cannot continue to be angry about it. So, again, just keep praying.
Oh - "they" (Clayton, really) followed directions and put the dirty plates from spaghetti for supper in the warm soapy water that I left in the sink. Now all I have to do at 9:30 pm after the meeting is wipe, rinse, and load into dishwasher! THANK-YOU!!
These flannel lined jeans of Joe's are ridiculous in the dryer -- 2 1/2 cycles before they are completely dry! AUGH! Messing up my routine!
I really need to get off the computer and Facebook and get some other things done around here.
"Take it to the Lord in Prayer" & "I Need Thee Every Hour"
These wilderness survival books I am reading for Day Camp could really prepare me for a stint on the Survivor TV show.....I wonder if I should apply?
I don't think I would be very good at the mind game part of that show....I'd be voted off pretty early. Either b/c I would be the "old lady" or either too passive or too aggressive. Usually, when I psych myself up to be the passive one in a situation, it ends up backfiring on me. I have a hard time taking a backseat.
Hey, these roads are not so bad.....they are starting to get clearer as the week goes on.
Their, There, They're (I am right on this!)
I know quite a few Beatles songs.
Stop biting your fingernails!
My sons can be brilliant -- or at least come up with some of the funniest things to ponder! Sometimes they are WAY too interested in what's going on around them. Other times, they really know when to let things lie and just roll with it.
"Life is like a box of Chocolates"
I need to make both a dentist app't and an OB app't here pretty soon.
I do not know how to deal with all this junk with Chris. I cannot continue to be angry about it. So, again, just keep praying -- for him and for us.
The person who is the last one out of the bed in the morning should make the bed.
The person who drinks the last cup of coffee should make another pot if it is before 11 am.
I cannot learn Playstation2 from a 4 year old. Why am I letting him talk to me like this? Does it really matter? It's only video games......
Enough with the DRAMA (Clayton!)
The alien jammies are just jammies -- do not tell me that they "cweep you out"! Put them on, go pottie, get a drink and GO TO BED!!!
Gray's Anatomy tries to be philosophical at either the beginning or the end with those little "talks" from Meredith, but in all reality, is quite a strange and somewhat depressing show.
Do not make me yell in the mornings before school. Just get up, get ready, eat, and DO NOT ARGUE with your brothers. Throwing a box of cereal across the kitchen is not acceptable!! How do I even react to that besides making him pick it up?? Should've got a spanking, too, I think, but it happened before I got home....AUGH!!
It's snowing again -- so much for clear roads this weekend.
We all need to learn to be gentler with each other around here. Gentler and more patient. Now, how to go about that.......Change starts with me, I guess. That's gonna be hard.....so again, PRAY.
Pray without ceasing. Nothing is too small or too big to pray about.
Pray in praise and thanksgiving. Pray in petition and in lamentation. Finish praying with praise and thanksgiving.
New Blog
13 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment